Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Sample PR Strategy – The MCG Way!

We have mentioned the “Selling the MCG” story in another post or two but we focus this post on it because it serves as a sample PR strategy for your business.

Below we cover how the idea came about and then how it was brought into the public arena to help sell it.

Of course, in this case we are talking about an Australian icon (the MCG) in a one-off venture, but many of the lessons I learned from this campaign I took into my later businesses and hope that you can use the lessons in yours too.

The Idea

I had just read the “One Minute Millionaire” by Robert Allen and Mark Victor Hansen and was intrigued by the story of how someone actually sold pieces of the Brooklyn Bridge for $14.95 during one of its reconstructions.

A while later I was driving past the MCG and saw that they were knocking one of the stands down and had my light bulb moment.

The MCG was an Australian cultural icon in much the same way as the Brooklyn Bridge is to East Coast Americans and

SEO Melbourne

No comments:

Post a Comment