Sunday, January 17, 2010

Keith Baxter and Modern Click

Entrepreneur, Dave Jenyns interviews Keith Baxter. To listen to this mp3 click on this link: Keith Baxter mp3.

Below you'll find a sample of this mp3.

David: I’m very excited today because I’ve got one of my mentors when it comes to internet marketing. I’ve been following his stuff for a very long time. He’s been online for as long as I can remember. Way back in the early days, he was doing a lot of black hat, very aggressive marketing stuff: cloaking, doorway pages. He got his start very early on, before pop ups became annoying and people started hating them and people really didn’t know what they were. He’s been around since back then. I’ve followed his stuff with the Stealth Traffic Secrets. He talks about a whole variety of different traffic methods in that.

He’s always ahead of the curve. He’s sort of evolved a lot of CPA stuff through his website Modern Click. Really he spotted that out before CPA really started to take off in the internet marketing niche. Now it has evolved into what it is now. I’m very excited to have him on the line and find out some of the methods that he’s applying now, because no doubt again they’re a little bit further down the curve. I’d like to welcome you to the call Keith.

Keith: David, thank you for having me and let me say just a few things really quickly that you and your listeners may not know. Modern Click was sold off about a month ago. I’ve now sold three businesses in the last eleven years, Modern Click being the last one. The reason is, and I think this is a big lesson. I know it’s not really SEO course related, but it is a big lesson none the less. Modern Click, or any business that started at the beginning of a trend and then sold while that trend is hot, often gets a lot of money for the seller of that business.

You recently started the Melbourne SEO Company right? We started Modern Click back in 2004-2005. Back then, people thought CPA meant Certified Public Accountants here in the United States. So there was a huge amount of retraining at least in the internet marketing business opportunity markets to educate people as to what CPA was and basically teach them what a hybrid affiliate network was. So we began launching a lot of special reports and joint ventures with brilliant marketers.

This is funny, and I’ll admit this on digital recording for the first time, the whole AdSense is dead. We fabricated that entire scheme in order to educate people away from AdSense and over to CPA in an effort to drive people into Modern Click. I know that’s a bit of a bombshell to drop right here but it’s interesting. If we look at how this began, it started with a report Ryan Dice and I did back in 2005 called Beyond AdSense. It talked about moving beyond and creating the evolution beyond just getting AdSense clicks.

Entrepreneur, Dave Jenyns interviews Keith Baxter. To listen to this mp3 click on this link: Keith Baxter mp3. If you enjoyed this mp3, try going to John Carlton.

No comments:

Post a Comment