Saturday, January 16, 2010

Ken Evoy Talks About SiteSell


Entrepreneur, David Jenyns interviewed Ken Evoy. Click on this link to listen to the whole interview: Ken Evoy Interview.

Below is a clip of the interview with David Jenyns.

Thanks very much David for that wonderful introduction. It has been an interesting and long and winding road from starting out with making SiteSell which was based on a hobby. Just like you did with the and the Melbourne SEO Company. When you learn SEO it can talk you down many paths. My penny mining stocks which was a mathematical model that I had developed to find basically good looking stocks came about the same way.

It’s never given me pleasure just to make money just to make money so, when I got onto the internet to do a little research for these stocks, within a month I realized the internet was really an infinite number of niches. As opposed to being a consumer of information, which I was in my first month I was online, I decided it made an awful lot of sense to be a producer of information and to use that information to reach people with a similar interest that I had and to sell a product.

In those days, Amazon was getting started, and the big question was, could the net be actually used for commercial purposes? That’s when I set about basically teaching myself to write software, so I could take my little data base and turn it into a product. Even then it was very much like Site BuildIt. It was a combination of an e book and a tool. How to build a website that would sell, writing good sales copy and finally how to get found by the search engines.

David Jenyns interviewed Ken Evoy. Click on this link to listen to the whole interview: Ken Evoy Interview. Did you like this podcast, then you'll just love this person, Joel Comm.

No comments:

Post a Comment