Friday, November 5, 2010

The Power of Networking

Now that I have some years of experience in the internet marketing world, I would say that there are a couple of crucial turning points which have helped me create the business online I have today. The first of these turning points I would say is the networking. I started going to seminars about a year ago again. I’d probably had done about two hundred seminars, which I really stopped doing in 2001, 2002. I’d go to a couple but I was just out of it. Then I ended up going back to seminars after a few years’ hiatus and I can’t tell you the networks and the people who are out there.

Just as an example one guy who I met at a seminar two years ago, or a year and a half ago, just contacted me. He’s got a list of 50,000 people and he wants to be my affiliate and promote for me. I don’t even remember him. I do now because we’ve talked, but when I first heard from him I said, oh, where did I meet you? Oh, yes, I remember. These networking things are just huge. Really how are you going to get someone to be your affiliate? How are you going to get a network to be your affiliate?

The first thing is, they’ve got to like you. You’ve got to be honest, you’ve got to be straight, you’ve got to be good and creative. You’ve got to have the greatest amount of conversion and all that other stuff. All the numbers have to work. But they have to like you.

People like doing things for people who they like. People generally like people who are in this business who network. Get out, share. These were huge things for me, and I just can’t stress how getting off the desk and getting out into the seminar worked for me. There are some good seminars out there.

Even a bad internet marketing seminar, some of the ones that are $500 or $1000 or whatever, even these cheap ones, even if it’s a product dump, where you’re just going to go and get pitched, look at what they’re pitching. Look at what people are doing. Watch what people are selling. Look at their offer. Look at how they’re collecting the cash and what they’re giving away and what they’re charging. Those are huge.

There’s another turning point for me. Learn to love your spam, learn to love your pop ups. Learn to love your email. Learn to love all the stuff that people normally say, I hate. People say, I hate spam. I say I love spam. Why? Because I can see what people are selling. I can see what’s in my in box. I like pop ups, I like banners, I like contextual ads. I can see what’s going on out in the marketplace. This is competitive intelligence.

I think the breakthroughs and the leverage points are more about shifting your mindset than they are about actually doing anything. Just about taking your business seriously, learning to look at the competition and really getting out there and starting to talk to other people. And also learn SEO step by step as well.

There are a lot of people in my network, and I can just take a sales letter and send it to five or six people who are friends of mine, because we have bought drinks and whatnot, and I’ll get some pretty good feedback from them. These are people who, when you want your product promoted, they’ll promote it.

One guy I knew, I met him a while back at a seminar, he introduced me to an ad rep I’d been looking for who wasn’t returning my call. I’d been trying to reach this particular guy for a while now, and he said, oh, let’s get him on the phone right now. He got him on the phone and he took my call and he said, I’ll answer you’re calls and I’ll call you back. I didn’t know who you were. That’s huge stuff. It’s really about shifting the mindset.

So to summarize, go to seminars and make yourself known, learn to love the advertising of your competitors, and learn to take your business seriously.

Listen To This Jonathan Mizel Interview To Learn More About Internet Marketing.
Visit: http://www.podcastinterviews.com

3 comments:

  1. I am satisfied with your article. I did find a very good match though and they are working on the project now. telemarketing outsourcing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you for posting such a wonderful Blog.affiliate marketing is a marketing practice in which a business rewards one or more affiliates for each visitor or customer brought about by the affiliate’s marketing efforts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Facebook has become a universal fetish for teens, college students, moms, dads, business people, musicians, artists, baby boomers, grandmas and grandpas...there is no limit to the reach of Facebook. Frightening?
    Naaaahhh...but one must realize that this social movement requires you to learn some Face book manners! (especially if you're looking to do any marketing on Face book or if you're trying to make money with Face book).

    ReplyDelete