Saturday, November 20, 2010

The Importance Of Tracking In Any Business




Too many people come to us for the first time, and they’re just starting out in their business, they’re just confused, they don’t know if this is the right internet business strategy to be working on or what I was working on, did that make a difference? They’re just confused on where to work and spend their time. I have absolute total priority on what my team is going to do every week because I look at my numbers every week and I can pick two points that I call my highest leverage points and that’s what I’m having my team work on.

One right now that we’ve been trying to crack for a couple of months and that we’re doing test after test after test on is, we want to get our show up rate to the webinar we run, higher than what it is now. I know that is my highest leverage point. If I can jump my show up rate up 10%, it all falls to the bottom line in your numbers at the end of the month. So I have a priority. I know that is going to be the most important thing that my team can work on because that is going to bring in the most money through the door. It’s not split testing an email subject line, it’s not the back end transcript email, none of those things will bring me the highest dollars. It’s focusing on that show up.

The second thing for us is to keep increasing our conversion on the webinar. Once we’ve exhausted those and we reach the point where split test after split test we didn’t really increase that, then it’s maybe that we end up starting to work on something else because now those are the highest leverage points. You don’t know any of those things unless you track this thing; you’ve got to track it and know your metrics and know your numbers and be able to make those decisions.

We’ve been testing a lot of things to do with our webinar and for our search engine optimization strategies. What we’re doing right now, we used to send people to the registration page and there was only the one date which was usually five days out that they could register for. Our script would just pick a date and that was five days out and that’s what they could do. The show up rate has now bumped as we’ve given them the option to pick three different dates with three different times.

Now it’s three choices. We also just split tested a fourth choice and the fourth choice is sorry, these times are not going to work for me, but I’d like to learn more. This is a perfect example of now being able to know what decisions can be because I tracked this.

We try to track everything down to such a minute detail. Critical path pops into mind where we can identify where that low hanging fruit is, those really key leverage points and then spend our time on what is going to make a difference.

Listen To This Brian Johnson Interview To Learn More About Starting And Running A Business.
Visit: http://www.podcastinterviews.com

No comments:

Post a Comment