Monday, September 12, 2011

The Three SEOs and the Fairy Godmother {hehe}

Three SEOs were plotting their strategies one evening late into the night when they all fell asleep. In their dreams they were visited by a sweet and beautiful fairy god-mother named Matticia. “You have all been so good, abiding by search engine guidelines, you may each have one wish,” Matticia said softly.

The first SEO thought quickly and said, “I wish I had a magical link building pen. Every request I send out will get a link back.”

Matticia waved her wand, sparkling stuff came flying out the end, and the first SEO felt a tingly sensation all up and down. A pen appeared in the first SEO’s hand.

The second SEO said, “I wish I had a magical Mirror of Link Baitiness. I want my Web sites to be so beautiful people will always link to their natural beauty.”

Matticia waved her wand again, and sparkly stuff went flying around the second SEO, who felt all tingly deep inside. A mirror appeared in the second SEO’s hand.

In the morning, the three SEOs woke up all excited. The first SEO looked down and saw Matticia’s pen. “Look!” the first SEO said. “With this magic pen I’ll always be able to get whatever links I ask for!”

The second SEO held up the mirror and said, “But I will never have to ask for links again. People will always link to the natural beauty of my Web sites.”

They then looked at the third SEO, who glanced downward and shuffled his feet. “Well?” said the first SEO. “Yeah, what did you wish for?” the second SEO asked.

“Nah, you wouldn’t want to know,” the third SEO told his friends. They insisted they wanted to know what Matticia did for him. “Really, you don’t want to know,” he replied. But the first two SEOs demanded to know what wish Matticia had granted to the third SEO.

“Well,” he said slowly, “You both had such great ideas I figured I wouldn’t be able to out-optimize your sites. So I asked Matticia to 301-redirect all your sites to mine." 

No comments:

Post a Comment