Thursday, April 28, 2011

If I were starting my biz over... here's what I'd do.

If were starting my business over I would:

Step 1 - Make sure that I have clear personal goals (income etc.) and an understanding of what my perfect day at work would be.

Step 2 - Plan out the business model (a graphical representation of the way the business would look) - what products and services to sell and at what price points.

Step 3 - Plan out an ideal month, how many of those products (in that business model) I would be selling to enable me to achieve the initial goals outlined in step one.

Step 4 - Look over my profit model and plan out the staff I would need to run that business.

With that information, knowing my goals, profit model and staffing required, I will build my business according to that plan.

- Dave Jenyns www.davidjenyns.com

1 comment: