Sunday, October 24, 2010

Who Else Wants To Learn About Getting Website Traffic

seo servicesYou can listen to this and other podcast interviews here.

David: I talk about different search engine optimization strategies and when starting to drive traffic to a new domain, research needs to be carried out in order to plan out how to build the site. Then you say, these are the keywords I need to be doing, build out the pages on your WordPress platform for those particular buying keywords.

I learned this from the public domain ebooks. You’re crafting these little pages of content and then are they driving straight to the offer, straight from that, or do you funnel them into another sales letter? I suppose it depends what you’re working on.

James: It depends on the system. I’m really going well with the blog model where I have a name capture on the blog and I convert a fair bit of that traffic on to a list where I can build the relationship. There are select opportunities for that person to take any of the call to actions, either ones directly in the article itself or to the side where I’ll put strategic banner placements etc.

You build up the on page thing. Then what I’ll do is I’ll take that same content and leverage off page as well. I’ll get rewrites of that article distributed and point back to the first one. Then I’ll start building a layer of third party sites.

David: Do you have a process, a systematized process? Ok, you’ve created the page, so you then get those articles rewritten and then going out for distribution. Do you have a thing where you say, for example, at minimum I’m looking for ten articles or twenty articles or whatever? How do you do it? For a system to work you need to have some guidelines or goalposts to shoot between.

James: I have a perpetual content machine working. All I need to do is feed it keywords and then the content will come back to me for me to place on the blog and the rest of it will be distributed automatically using for example, Article Marketing.

David: Is there any chance we can dig in deep as to how that model works? You get the content done, so you get it written through your writer and then it comes back to you and you publish on the blog. What are some of the different processes? I know you use blog comments and article submissions.

James: Basically as soon as an article is posted on my blog, that activates back linking and further distribution of that article. That’s the signal.

David: Where are you posting on that? Do you take it to Ezine?

James: Much broader than that. Basically I have someone posting it to article submission sites. So it will go to all the popular article sites and it will also go to private blog networks. It will be linked back to the site and the category and to the article itself. They’ll be different versions of the article.

David: Where’s this assistant posting it? It sounds like there are quite a few different areas it’s going out to.

James: Yes, it goes across several networks, so you don’t want to be single network dependent because it’s too much of a pattern. Also you’re missing opportunities. So you want to go quite broad with your traffic syndication. I use a number of networks and a number of ways to get links. I think that’s worked well for me to go very broad. I’ve got a lot of different traffic channels for my content and that’s why I get a lot more traffic than most people. Also I’m able to cover some of the areas that they’re missing.

David: How does your assistant or the assistant who’s posting the content out, know which one to do? Let’s say you’ve just created that content and let’s say you’ve got six or seven different methods. Do you just say, pick three of the seven different methods that we have at random and post for that? I’m just really wondering how your systematize it.

James: I have subscriptions with some services and we use all of them, the only enhancement or variable is if I want to add on top. If I want to do an extra special bomb, then I could go a little bit hard core. Say, video distribution; we would start with a baseline but I would also add in a couple of extra video channels if I decide that is going to be worth the effort.

David: Yes, I think I actually saw on your blog just recently, you did a post as far as using Animoto and then the way you go you distribute that using Traffic Geyser.

James: Yes, that is a good example of one traffic channel and there are so many.



Learn SEO Step By Step And Watch Over 300+ Videos

No comments:

Post a Comment